• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Black Dog Customs Hydraulic Fan Delete Kit

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Curious do you have the part numbers?
I did when I did this mod 25 years ago. I think it’s possible to figure it out from the Kascar or HPG website. The viscous clutch is from a 90’s Chevy 6.5 truck.

mrfarb

My experience. Fresh from the auction the original hydraulic clutch on my a2 was bad, I ended up using the one from wartech performance as it was on sale at the time (he’s located in Canada) as it was a cheaper alternative and seemed like a good idea. So far I love it - truck runs about 200 all the time and it’s quiet. FYI the one I bought I had to modify the pulley myself with a lathe.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My experience. Fresh from the auction the original hydraulic clutch on my a2 was bad, I ended up using the one from wartech performance as it was on sale at the time (he’s located in Canada) as it was a cheaper alternative and seemed like a good idea. So far I love it - truck runs about 200 all the time and it’s quiet. FYI the one I bought I had to modify the pulley myself with a lathe.
Dang the fan kit does not look too expensive but they sure are getting a pretty penny for the Champion radiator!
EDIT and their Dmax kit is a total joke for the money

Last edited:

mrfarb

I’ll say this though, Michael Vaden from Black Dog Customs helped me get my transmission fixed and working on the A2, going so far as to talking me though it with a phone call (and selling me the electric relay parts for a good price). I was a nobody and he took the time out to help, props for that.

Autonomy_Lost

I’ll say this though, Michael Vaden from Black Dog Customs helped me get my transmission fixed and working on the A2, going so far as to talking me though it with a phone call (and selling me the electric relay parts for a good price). I was a nobody and he took the time out to help, props for that.
I don't know about his fan kits, but Michael Vaden is a good guy.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My company and Mike’s company both produce the kit…the one form Canada is a bit lacking, such as providing the modified pump pulley, the conversion is useless unless you have the ability to find a shop that can perform the work…we provide the pulley and well as some other critical additions that the inexperienced wouldn’t include…as well as 100% percent technical support.

Last edited:

Doug D.

i agree. Michael is a good guy. Always willing to help and the few parts i have purchased form him were good to go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks