• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Black exterior door handles source

Warren Lovell

To those that are looking for black outside door handles, I just found some on ebay...

LatchWell Black Outside Door Handle PAIR / FOR 73-87 CHEVROLET & GMC TRUCKS. Price was $79.99 /pair with gaskets. Seller is Parts-pros.

SKU: 4000064
Part Brand: LatchWell
Features a Beautiful Semi-Gloss Black Powdercoated Finish
Includes: All New LH and RH Handles plus new Gaskets
Handles are All New and Complete Assemblies

Last edited:

MarcusOReallyus

Interesting supplier. I tried a search with the SKU you provided, and it didn't find anything, so I just used the drop down menu to select model year, make, model.

Turns out they original Roman chariot parts! The model years go all the way back to Year 0! :mrgreen:

(Or maybe their webmaster just isn't too bright.....)

Anyway, here's the link to the parts.

cucvrus

They aren't flat black. They are semi gloss. May as well sand and paint the original ones. Just saying. Not much advantage over the original ones if the paint is satin. A can of Krylon cost about $7.00.

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
YOW-SA~! They also sell new black IGN cylinder locks AND--- keyed black door lock cylinders~! What I've been looking for--- thanks WARREN~!!!

Warren Lovell

Cheap Chinese crap? A ton of items are made in China and it would be difficult to avoid having a little “Cheap Chinese crap” on your vehicle. I looked the handle over and I doubt you would be able to tell where it was made. But sand away! There are many ways to fix up your vehicles...

Merddin

They aren't flat black. They are semi gloss. May as well sand and paint the original ones. Just saying. Not much advantage over the original ones if the paint is satin. A can of Krylon cost about $7.00.
Are the door handles supposed to be black? I thought they were green . Getting really close to painting my 1008. I am going for OD body with black bumpers, grille brushguard and mirrors. It is pink right now. Forest service red paint faded to pink. Ugly!

cucvrus

Factory OEM the door handles and lock cylinders were flat black. The grille guard, grille, grille surround trim, mirrors were OD green. If that matters to you. That is how I repaint my trucks when I redo them. Unless customer states and pays otherwise. The OEM paint job had black camouflage on both areas of the cab door handles. Have a Great Day.

Warren Lovell

My M1009 had not been repainted. I pulled the handles off. They looked grey from fading, but the bottom portion looks to be flat or satin. because it is smooth I would say almost satin, but again - hard to tell from the wear and fading. I would defer to CUCVRUS.

Merddin

Factory OEM the door handles and lock cylinders were flat black. The grille guard, grille, grille surround trim, mirrors were OD green. If that matters to you. That is how I repaint my trucks when I redo them. Unless customer states and pays otherwise. The OEM paint job had black camouflage on both areas of the cab door handles. Have a Great Day.
What is painting order to achieve this? Paint handles and lock cylinder black first, then tape or remove while painting doors? Or, icould spray it all OD and then remove handles and cylinder, sand and coat with black?

My cousin runs the family body shop my grandfather started. He is going to help me paint my 1008. I am trying to keep it simple as possible, since he is taking time out of his day and not making any money off this. I just don't want to be too picky and piss him off, but I still would like to get the desired look. Thanks for all your help! I have read many of your renovation threads and they are truly amazing. You show how big tasks broken down into small manageable steps can be completed. Along with a healthy dose of hard work, a little $, patience, scrounging of used parts and some fabrication.

I wish I could get as much done as you seem to. But with a two year old to watch some days and a huge garden(70x120) in my front yard, my truck time is limited to a few hours weekly it seems. Oh well, I am making good progress since I bought truck in DEC 17. Thanks again!

cucvrus

I paint the handles when they are off. Put new gaskets on the handles to door attachment and paint the truck. Color of handle will be where the black falls on a 3 color. And on the 686 Sand Krylon Sand Camouflage paint is a perfect match. So do as you wish. But I like my door handles attached to paint. the lock cylinders are an easy install after paint and are really not painted but black from new. Good Luck. Chevettes had black lock cylinders that can be used and fit well. Chevettes are harder to come by then CUCV's at this point. I bought a few diesel Chevettes brand new. I would buy one today. 60 MPG would be great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks