• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blackout light colors

combatmech

Howdy all,
Was checking the lights on the truck last night and I noticed that my rear B/O lights are different colors. One is red and the other is amber.....Just wondering....My other 09 had red all around.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are the lights identical except for the color?

Wondering if he has a front (narrow) assembly on the rear (wide).

Last edited:

combatmech

Yes, the fronts are yellow. I have replacement blackout lights....I was just wondering. Several of the "cat eye" lights are out in the back......The left side only has one light that comes on...the right has two that light up.
Thanks for the info guys!!![thumbzup]

67_C-30

Yes, the fronts are yellow. I have replacement blackout lights....I was just wondering. Several of the "cat eye" lights are out in the back......The left side only has one light that comes on...the right has two that light up.
Thanks for the info guys!!![thumbzup]
The 4 side slits on the rears are red, except for the center brake light is white.

Attachments

combatmech

Thanks again CJ, thats what I have...'cept the outer lights on the left side dont work. I have a complete kit...I just need to hook it up. Another project for the spring.

67_C-30

Thanks again CJ, thats what I have...'cept the outer lights on the left side dont work. I have a complete kit...I just need to hook it up. Another project for the spring.
Where did you get them? My rear ones have some signs of moisure in them when they get wet, so I figure its only a matter of time.

combatmech

I got them off of Ebay. Problem is...the connections are nothing like what I have. They look like a B/O light kit for a deuce. I'll figure it out when I get to that. I'd post pics of them and the difference between the two...but I put them in storage until I'm ready to install.

67_C-30

I bet you got the M880 lights.. there all over the place. True CUCV lights are rare as hens teeth.
I replaced one of my fronts with a M880 light, and I cut the wire off the factory B/O light and put a bullet connector to make it work. I didn't want to cut the fcatory harness, so this was the best solution I could find. I had to tie up the slack and taped it up with electrical tape.

combatmech

Thanks Westech. The Deuce I drove overseas had the single plug connections with the rubber boot around it. I figured thats what I'd have to do....I plan on replacing all of them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks