• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blackout Light Help

roberbert101

hello ace i have a 1008 that is being used as a fire truck and it still has the lights in the bumpers so let me look tomorow for you and if they are right we will see what we can do
robert

tsmall07

I don't really understand what the blackout lights do. If you're in a blackout situation, why would you want to have lights? Is there something about these that make them less visible than regular lights?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
You need some light to keep from bumping or falling into things. Yes, they are less visable than regular lights.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tyler, the blackout light system is designed to let you drive in a convoy situation without being seen from the air.
The rear lights are small, but gives you the ability to judge distance when you are following.
The front "driving" light gives you some light about 10 to 15 ft out and it can also be spotted by the vehicle in front in his rear view mirror.

The blackout driving light is sealed from factory to keep the light to spec IMHO.

CCATLETT1984

cranetruck, the cucv lights are not sealed (they have a sealing o-ring) you have to remove the front half of the light housing to get the grill off of the truck, unless you want to pull the grill guard off ( and that would involve removing the bumper as well)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks