• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blazer front axle seals replaced...oh my

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm glad I didn't do it myself....those seals are wayyyyy in there. Just about everything has to come apart to R&R them. Kind of a dumb design. And alot of dirt comes out of those tubes. But now one more leak is fixed and I am happier with the truck. Tranny fluid leak is next.

Skinny

Major design/service downfall with GM, AAM, and Dana axles. Toyota, Nissan, and Land Rover axles are much easier to service even though they are closed knuckle designs. Mercedes are on the outside but those Germans put the spindle on the wheel hub...must do things backwards.

Make sure you have long pipes or wood rod to slide in the tubes. Be prepared to clean mud out of your tubes. Be ready to catch the carrier bearing shims when you pull the diff. If they fall and you put them in the wrong spot, bad things happen.