• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blinkers don't blink after LED

blue302stang

I am deciding to go with LED signals and brake lights, and after installing the front turn signals the blinkers are no longer working. They light up and thats it. I checked the grounds on everything and it all checks out. With the rear LEDs installed and the stock fronts the blinkers worked fine and with the front LEDs that side wouldn't work. Do these trucks require load resistors when going with LEDs to simulate the load?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scroll down to the bottom of this page and click on one of the threads that is similar to this one! That's what you would may have found if you searched before posting.

willy

Led lights

The LED do not draw anough for the blinker to work find a blicker that needs a smaller load or increase your load hide a bulb some where.
Willy

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My m923 flashers did the same thing when I went to LEDs. Stopped flashing. Same thing as in an older Chevy pickup truck. Bulb burns out, not enough load to make the flasher work, stops flashing, just steady light.

Thanks for the tip ^^ on the newer style flasher at Erik's Surplus. I will get one ordered, that's a lot easier than fooling with resistors and hiding bulbs.