• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blower fan noise

iluvbudwsr

Ever since purchasing my M1009 I've had a horrible (almost ear screeching) sound coming from the blower fan. It's a real pain in the butt. Since we had such a mild winter in the South, heat really wasn't an issue but now that summer is rolling around I need the fan just to keep air circulating in the cabin of the truck. I used the search engine and couldn't find anyone with a similar problem. Most of what I found was wiring problems and such. Everything works fine and the air flow coming out blows pretty hard. I'm wondering if it's just a belt in there that needs attention or something else. Has anyone had any similar problems? It doesn't look to hard to get to the blower motor since it's location is accessible fairly easy. Sometimes I just want to give up because after I fix something, something else needs attention. Like the old saying goes "when it rains it pours". I still love my M1009 though especially with the fuel mileage these things get! Anyways, any help would be appreciated!

TGP (IL)

There's no belt in the heater.
Sounds like the motor needs to be replaced.
You can drill a small hole in the rear bearing(bushing) and oil and remove the fan wheel and also oil.
Will help but the motor is probably on it's way out.
To go through the work of removing I would just replace it.

Tom

jmassenga

Yup; your blower motor is toast. Quick and easy to replace (5 screws, 1 plug, 1 push-in hose, 1 nut), and readily available at the parts store of your choice. Last one I replaced took about an hour, but then again it was -20 at the time. If memory serves, there's 2 versions available, and these rigs use the HD version.

iluvbudwsr

Thanks guys. I think I'll just go with Jm's idea because drilling a hole and lubeing it would just be a temporary fix. It's not so bad right now but once summer gets here in the South I'll need that extra air flow. Can't beat a 20$ fix and hour of time anyways.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks