• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

blower motor question

lonewolf90

What blower motor is for the cucv. I called napa but they list a few different ones. When I turn my heat on high it makes my Gen 1 light come on and then it melts my fuse for the blower motor so I'm guessing it's the blower motor is shorted out???

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a spare blower motor for my M1009 in my garage. When I get home, I will pull it out and get you the part number.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or you can just look in the TM 9-2320-289-20P Tech Parts Manual, diagram 206, item number 13.

It shows the GM part number as 22020945

Using NAPA's interchange option it shows two different options:

BK 6551076
http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/C...wer-Motor-AC-Heater/_/R-BK_6551076_0361121931

or

TEM 937711
http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/C...tor-w-o-Wheel-Heater/_/R-TEM937711_0475329524

Your local NAPA store will need to tell you what the difference is.

And it took me longer to type this post than it did to open the TM, find the item and then look it up on the NAPA site.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
More that likely your heater switch on the dash is also bad. They are a known issue .

Did you also know that the fuse for the heater also controls the GEN1 exciter circuit? If the fuse goes GEN1 will stop working.

lonewolf90

No I didn't know that the fuse for the heater also had Gen 1 exciter wire. That makes since when I pulled the melted fuse out my Gen 1 light didn't light up.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Iceman3005

The only reason napa lists a "few" different ones is that they are made by different after market manufactures, and some include the fan and some don't, other than that they are all identical. Except for the A/C trucks, all non A/C trucks use the same blower motor. Some will have the fan already on the shaft and some wont, I recommend you get the one with the fan, it cost about the same and you wont have to worry about getting the old fan of the shaft. Usually the fan gets destroyed trying to remove from shaft because it is so brittle from age. Here is the Four Seasons part number: 35345, and the AcDelco part number : 1580666, Murrey part number : 35345, Everco part number : 35345, napa part number : TEM 937731.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks