• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blown exaust gasket

JeremyB

Blown gasket, int/exst ?

Hello all,
my exaust gasket that is mounted on the head blew today. I was wondering if there were any things I should watch out for or tricks to do when I am replacing it?

Thank you

Last edited:

Jake0147

They look straight forward to change. Make sure you verify your leak though. I thought mine were leaking, but the leak was the elbow exiting the turbo. Carbon and soot all over the intake manifold... Without carefully selected backlighting, (i.e. installed in the truck) the pipe looked good. I found the big hole accidentally with an inspection mirror while trying to pinpoint the exhaust manifold leak that I thought I had... it could not be seen at all without the mirror.

Attachments

JeremyB

I stand in error,I thought it was an exaust leak and it turnes out to be my intake. It was/is right on the intake and head. So just to see if a shim would shut it up I put one in and it fixed the blow by but I still hear what can only be described as "Thwoosh" sound as it is started and running and it co encides with the RPMs. It sounds kina like a hit and miss on the exaust stroke, but minor in size.

I can't locate the sound to ann area smaller than the front of the engine bay.

Any ideas?