• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blown Head Gasket

TsgtB

Needs pressure testing. i bought a new one, installed in 2011. It is possible the o-rings or gasket have gone bad. TNJ Murray sells both gaskets and the o-rings for about $30. You always begin with the easy stuff. Eliminate one and move to the next.

If you think you have a cracked head or blown gasket, remove the injectors one at a time and turn over the engine, kill engine pulled out, you can observe if radiator fluid is coming out in a particular cylinder.

When you replace a head or gasket contact me as I have a tool for one or two of the head bolts and the torque calculated. Research will show you need an offset wrench to handle this. there should be pics of this in several posts here.

This is old school stuff but the manuals are not much help. This website is the place for help.
I'm doing all my research before I do anything, I've seen the special tool people have made...
If I decide to tackle it, I just might need to borrow your tool, it will be a good time to get to know her a little better.
I'll keep you posted.
Thanks for the info.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hate to admit it, but I just now got around to repairing the A2. It turned out that it was the oil cooler. There were no o-rings installed. Someone (Army) had use a big glop of silicone sealant to seal it where the o-rings went. Hard to believe it ever worked. The oil cooler itself is in excellent condition and passed the pressure test under water. It was great firing it up again and driving around.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks