• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blown Turbo motors went for 3k oh my!

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

Makes me think we have some shills. First one was a 17 rebuild that they dropped the pan and removed parts. I was thinking 500 in parts. Just wow!

spankybear

Makes me wonder what I did wromg... I paid 3700 plus fees for my entire truck... with wheels, transmission and a body...

87cr250r

I just bought a running center mount 6.5 on eBay with full accessory rack for $2k. I was mad when I opened it to find valve recession and a worn top deck. Now I feel a lot better about the purchase.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been yelling about shills since the takeover by Ritchie Bros.

Virtually overnight, the number of defaulting bidders and trucks that were relisted a month later went off the charts.

Trucks went from $500 start and ending at 6-8K, to $4500 start and ending at 12-13K, again, virtually overnight.... Makes zero sense.

The M931s went from 1500-2500 to 8-10K, again, virtually overnight... FMTVs went from 10K before to 18-22K....

A recent M932 with busted oil cooler and seized winch went for 15K$....Yeah... a non-drivable truck...

Questions... lots of questions.

Buck69

It's crazy how much prices have increased on engines or everything for that matter. I wouldn't be surprised if 3k wouldn't even cover the core charge on a complete OE remanufactured engine, if they were even available.
I picked up two complete OE 60 series a couple years ago for 42k with 9k (CAD) core charges. I priced out that same engine last week and it is now 72k w/18k core.
They don't give away their shipping container either.

spankybear

Virtually overnight, the number of defaulting bidders and trucks that were relisted a month later went off the charts.

Trucks went from $500 start and ending at 6-8K, to $4500 start and ending at 12-13K, again, virtually overnight.... Makes zero sense.

The M931s went from 1500-2500 to 8-10K, again, virtually overnight... FMTVs went from 10K before to 18-22K....

A recent M932 with busted oil cooler and seized winch went for 15K$....Yeah... a non-drivable truck...

I am sure there is shill bidding going on. I was bidding on an LMTV and every time I bid the bid would go to the amount I bid and say I wasn't high bidder. Thought that was strange... a mouth or so later I see the exact same truck go through the auction.

Sad thing is they will keep on doing this as what recourse do we have?

Last edited:

tgejesse

I stole a complete m1165a1 for 10.5k back in October. I still can’t believe it.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love this forum. I just don’t understand the point of worrying about prices.

Tomorrow will bring what it brings. Worrying just gives frown lines. Nothing is gained.

Sorry if that offends anyone. It is not meant to. I just think we have too many of these price threads that are not constructive.

tgejesse

I love this forum. I just don’t understand the point of worrying about prices.

Tomorrow will bring what it brings. Worrying just gives frown lines. Nothing is gained.

Sorry if that offends anyone. It is not meant to. I just think we have too many of these price threads that are not constructive.
It’s a forum dude. We should be allowed to discuss, auctions, prices, markets if that’s what we want to talk about. If you don’t want to be a part of the conversation, move on.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It’s a forum dude. We should be allowed to discuss, auctions, prices, markets if that’s what we want to talk about. If you don’t want to be a part of the conversation, move on.
Nothing I said was rude or confrontational my friend.

It’s a forum dude. I should be allowed to express my viewpoint.

williamh

Makes me think we have some shills. First one was a 17 rebuild that they dropped the pan and removed parts. I was thinking 500 in parts. Just wow!

Those shipping containers are expensive 😉

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, there is a reason it reads "REUSABLE - DO NOT DESTROY"... :wink:

I would love to know what "Uncle" paid for those (8145-01-231-3747). Certainly over a grand, a piece - even considering large quantity orders.
and then there are the custom brackets inside for the particular engine or transfer case they hold.... $$$$ and the one I got had 20 something clay absorbent reusable packs to contain fluids.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks