• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

blue antifreeze

jimm1009

Hello out there.
I'm pulling my radiator out due to some structure coming un-soldered.
My anti-freeze & water is blue. Has anyone proven that the genuine army purchased antifreeze is any better than civy green stuff or are there recommendations for antifreeze replacement?

jimm1009 :roll:

Westech

CPL
I have never seen blue in the Army before, just Green and Red.
When I replace my coolant I just use premixed green. I change it every couple years anyway. There is a HD coolant that is used in over the road trucks and other HD diesel engines you can get most anyplace. ITs up to you. Me.. for how much it takes I just get the cheap stuff.

FYI there are 2 or 3 places that make all the antifreeze.. its all reboxed.

Steamynachos

Maybe someone saw antifreeze and put windshield washing antifreeze in. My widowed neighbor was told her radiator needed antifreeze so she went to the gas station and saw a jug that said antifreeze and added it to the radiator when the guy next to her filling his truck noticed what she was doing he stopped her a little to late. So it could of happened to your truck.

datsunaholic

The antifreeze we used in the Navy in the mid 90s was blue. It was still ethylene glycol antifreeze, though the anti-corrosive components were different (per the MSDS). Been too long for me to remember what it was though.