• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blue fuseable wire on fire wall

the blue fuseable wire on the firewall is burnt and disconected . i put them together while it was running and they didnt get hot. is it ok to join them with a fuse. and what size fuse would be ok 20-25 amp or less. it looks like it goes to the alt system. i hope so because it still is not charging on the starting battery in back. mabey now it will.

I had to replace the same wire on my truck. The insulation was ripped.

But to answer your question, Fusible links don't operate the same as a fuse. You have to replace it with fusible link wire. I got mine at napa. I'm sure the other chain stores have it as well.

stranger75

Remove the blue wire entirely and replace. Blue 12 gauge fusible link wire is available at NAPA. Part #785856.
There is a sticky at the top of the CUCV forum that has a lot of information on fusible links. Check it out and be informed.

gmjunky87

just fried that fusible link today. I was changing the alternator belt and forgot to disconnect the batteries. I loosened the alt bracket and gave the alternator a tap, it slide inward shorting out and burning up that fusible link. luckily I grabbed one from my parts truck but I'm pretty sure Alt2 is fried. not sure what else I might have damaged. 1 step forward 2 steps back!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks