• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BMY Colorado Title?

charger53

I have a M923A2 that I purchased from a guy I know. He never registered or titled it and now he has moved out of state. I cant get ahold of him and Gov Liquidation has told me I will need a bonded title because they can only issue a SF97 to the original purchaser.. Makes sense. Anyway, I have gone through all the process to get a bonded title except the last step, actually applying for it with the clerks office. I tried, however the clerks office can not seem to get the computer to take BMY as a vehicle make. They have a call in to the state and will know more by next Friday? Anyway, they said it may be helpful if someone with a BMY registered and titled in Colorado would tell me what is on the title under "make" and "model".

Sooo, If anyone has a BMY titled in Colorado would they please take a look and let me know what their title says?

charger53

I thought about that. Harsco doesn't come up in their system either. And, if it was Harsco, I have to start the whole process over again because the certified VIN inspection, the bond and the insurance all say its a BMY. Its odd that the patrol officer, the insurance and the bond company all recognize BMY and the state cant find it.

charger53

Thanks for all the suggestions. I was able to contact another member from Colorado who has been great! He even contacted the local clerks office for me and put them in touch with the right people at the state level to get things done. When I get home next week all should be taken care of! Thanks again!

charger53

I did, but I have some advantages.... I am the manager of a new car dealership, so I know the process better than a lot of people and I was fortunate enough to find the right guy that knows the right people ;)
(yes, I am fortunate)

huntler

Please let us know who to contact at the state level. I just got a CO title for a BMY M923 and under "model" on the title it is blank even though they were provided with all of the correct information. It also states mileage as zero even though the correct mileage was given. All info was on the SF-97. At least I have a title. :?

charger53

When I get through this process I will let you know whom is helpful! I am away from home for the next week, then I have to go to the DMV again with all my paperwork and see how it goes! They say that it is all figured out now.

steelandcanvas

I was able to contact another member from Colorado who has been great!
Who did you finally get ahold of?

For you New Colorado Guys, a Club Member has written an article about how to navigate the DMV with a Military Vehicle. PM me if you'd like an e-copy, or if the Mods would like we could make it a sticky.

Last edited:

charger53

I got ahold of Dino. A member here and of the MVCC. He got ahold of my county clerks office and put them in touch with people at the state or at another clerks office (not sure yet). I am out of town for the week, but he called and told me that it should all be taken care of when I get back, all I have to do is go over to the clerks office and file my paperwork. I will be calling before I make the trip over again, just in case.

DcDuqueMuerto

Who did you finally get ahold of?

For you New Colorado Guys, a Club Member has written an article about how to navigate the DMV with a Military Vehicle. PM me if you'd like an e-copy, or if the Mods would like we could make it a sticky.
I'd be interested in the info. Just purchased one myself. It sounds like a CO rally may be in order...

charger53

So far so good. I dropped all the paperwork off today. I will know if I have a title in a week or two. According to the clerks office it gets titled as a Hersco truck, model is m939 , m923, or BMY. Keep in mind I had no SF97, only a bill of sale from the P.O. Therefore I had to go through the entire bonding process. Once I have a title in hand I will post the entire process with details in hopes that it will help someone else. in any case it's a giant pain. The lesson is: Don't buy a vehicle unless the seller has title in hand, or buy direct from gov liquidation.

azteclizard

I know this is a little off topic, but id be up for a rally (but only after I get back from Africa). I have 2. a 68 Kaiser M52 and a M925a1 w/w

steelandcanvas

I'd be interested in the info. Just purchased one myself. It sounds like a CO rally may be in order...
A CO rally sounds like a great idea to me! Let's put one together.
A Rock Mountain Rally is in the works right now. Either our Club Vice President or myself will get the details out to the board pronto. Dates are July 25th-27th. Location to follow.