• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Boarding ladder

mbwarner

Boarding ladder--->PICS ADDED

Welp, at the Vet's day parade last Saturday, I watched my three sixty-ish gravity challenged buddies, in full field gear of course, lumber up a folding aluminum ladder into the back of the deuce to ride in the parade.

I'm also thinking I might offer other vets a ride in future parades, so I invested in a boarding ladder with rail from Saturn Surplus. He told me they are USGI NOS, so I sprung $125 for one. Freight's gonna kill me, but s--t happens.

This means, of course, that they'll start coming out of the woodwork at every third yard sale from now on...

PICS ADDED--BEAGLE SOLD SEPARATELY :p

Attachments

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am interested to know what they charged you for shipping.

Srjeeper

I've had the ladders for my deuce and 105 trailer since the start. There's been men, women and children in the back at parades that I know would never have been there, were it not for those ladders. I'm sure in time you'll find that no matter the price, it was and is worth every penny.

Ronbo

nopics You guys are killing me with all the extras , I want for thr truck. Voltage reducers , spin on filter adapters, lock out hubs, Now ladders!! Dang and I'm into sport bikes too ( thats big $$) and want a procharger for my bike..
I'm working an average of 18 hours a day- I be tired... So maybe Your President Obama can have the GOV. help me out with a piece of the 700 Billion $$ check.( Handout) Or I can just sell my Chevy Civilian Pickup. ooops Sorry about the rant!

ONTOS66

When ever I buy something like this, shortly thereafter, someone will say "oh, you should have told me you wanted a ..... , I know a guy that is giving them away, or could get you a real deal, etc."

Of course if I ask for a way to contact said "guy" to share this good fortune with others, then the response is "oh gee, he just gave away/ sold the last one."

I'll bet you know people like that too.

Of course these are no relation to the others who ask about our acquisitions and then have comments like: "what the heck do you want that for!!"

As to the ladder, sounds like a good deal to me. Much safer than some of the alternate methods that I have seen - or used back when I climbed in and out of truck beds. (but I was much, much younger and agile then)

:-D

ida34

When I was younger I would not even lower the tailgate. I would just rotate the pintle sideways and use it as a step. I still do it once in a while but not like I used to. I did get a ladder and really like to chain the tailgate level and use the ladder. It gives me a nice porch to put my chair on while at shows. I got one of the boarding ladders like Saturn has. It is nice to have a hand hold and it works with the tailgate level or down. I wish it were wider like my M146 ladder but all in all I really like it. It has tie downs to hold the ladder tight against the tailgate or bed. I got mine locally for $125 so I did not have to pay shipping. I also like having the ladder for shows so kids can easily get in and out of the bed. I got a ladder at aberdeen for my M105 trailer so I have ladders for everything. Nice to have.

mbwarner

Ladder arrived today. Definitely NOS with MFG tag and serial number. Aluminum construction, with 383 green paint, very light weight. Ropes, rail, safety pin for rail, and canvas straps that I'd guess are to lash it to a troop seat or headboard. Sticker showing how to mount with tailgate up and tailgate horizontal. It was dark when I got home from the salt mine and unpacked it. I'll get pics up when I can get here in the daylight.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
That is not bad for an aluminmum ladder I have a steel one for the duece and love it and the M109 came with the one it is supposed to have. I really like the M127 since the ICC bar and a hoop let me climb up into it really easily and if the sideboards are on the rear right one has ladder loops on it really nice feature for a trailer I paid $400.00 for. Can't wait to haul it out on the road with the M818 when I get home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks