• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bob deuce flatbed

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I decided to do something different with my bob deuce so instead of the 105 bed I had originally planned to use I found a factory built flatbed at my buddy's junkyard.
Since I plan to have dual stack exhaust between the cab and bed I needed something shorter than the 105.
The flatbed is 8x8 and will fit perfectly once I do a few slight mods.
I still haven't decided if I am going to paint it OD to match the truck or repaint it gloss black.
It has a gooseneck hitch and a Reese hitch so I can pull all maner of trailers with the beast.
Some other options I am considering is tilt capability (for ease of maintenence), an under bed tool box and light bar on top of the headache rack.
By the way......the 105 bed that I planned to put on is for sale.
It was blasted down to bare metal and painted with PPG paint that is readily available.
I have $400.00 invested in blasting and paint. Asking $650.00.
Some small rust holes that need attention but otherwise in great shape.

Asking 700.00
See pics.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty neat, WM! Paint that flatbed camo to blend it in with the rest of the truck, and it's good in our book!

Jakob

Do you happen to have any pictures of Deuce's with the exhaust set up you're talking about? I've thought about doing that as well, but I'm questioning how it'll look. If I had any photoshop skills, I'd make up a picture.

beaubeau

Thats a good idea armyman!! I was actually thinking of putting one of my M105 Beds on the back of my M1008. I will measure today to see how things line up. That would make a good Firewood Haulre!! I got hydrolics to make it Dump also!

ucfjeeper

I LIKE IT!!

I now know what I want to do with my bobbed deuce - but first I have to bob a deuce - but first I have to buy a deuce - but first I have to have money to buy a deuce - but first I have to find a place to keep the deuce.

98hd

Bob that frame and move it up and I think it will look great. Maybe raise it up some off the frame to make the headache rack match the height of the cab better.

Personally I can't stand the look of the M105 bed on a bobbed deuce, it just looks out of place. I like your idea better.

JohnnyReb

Re: RE: Bob deuce flatbed

ucfjeeper said:
I LIKE IT!!

I now know what I want to do with my bobbed deuce - but first I have to bob a deuce - but first I have to buy a deuce - but first I have to have money to buy a deuce - but first I have to find a place to keep the deuce.
WAY TOO MUCH PLANNING!!!.... you have to learn to be a reactionary like the rest of us. Go ahead and bid on a truck......you'll come up with the money somewhere.....
When the deuce gets home...... the wife will motivate you to get it out of the driveway!

Buying a deuce is like having children..... If you wait to the perfect time when everything is right.... you will never do it...

Take the plunge! join the crowd who is forever robbing Peter to pay Paul.... praying that the 1009 sells before the M35A2 arrives...... hoping that your friend will let you store just one more M54 on that big ol' farm of his! :roll:
Sounds like fun, doesn't it? :shock:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The bed is just chained on to get it home.

It will be raised slightly and moved forward.

I have to make some adjustments to get it right.

I will make photos as we do the exhaust in case anyone else want to do the same.

I'll be using HUMVEE fording pipes for the stacks.

SoundGuy

I LIKE IT!!

I now know what I want to do with my bobbed deuce - but first I have to bob a deuce - but first I have to buy a deuce - but first I have to have money to buy a deuce
Dito. I can't wait to go pick mine up. Any one want to donate :D .

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why dual stacks, appearance? Anyway, I like it, very redneck truck. Hoo-Wee bubba lookit that! I'd suggest singling it with the big radials. for speed and MPG.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I like the look of dual stacks.
Still mulling over the paint scheme...thinking non-gloss black for the bed and wheels and OD green for the truck.
Also found a real nice 135 gal fuel tank to go with my 12 volt fuel pumping system.

Jakob

Another question on those HUMVEE fording exhaust stacks, do you know what diameter they are? I couldn't find any information about them anywhere.