• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bob

Ridgerunner

Build any truck, how you like and how you want to. Don't pass on something because someone else doesn't agree with your choice. I see bobbed trucks fetch far more money than the same truck stock. If you ended up bobbibg an M135 or M211, which to some I guess is a rare truck (all though the prices they bring don't reflect that) A bobbed M135 or M211 would be an even rarer(spelling?) truck indeed

Blueduce

Sorry ridgerunner, I have to side with steelandcanvas on this one. Anrkey, I think the reason why a lot of people would rather not see a harder to find 135 or 211 bobbed is just that. They are getting harder and harder to find. I had a line on a Studebaker US6 ripped out of my hands and it almost killed me. I'm not the anti-bobber that steelandcanvas is but there is just a line I personally wouldn't cross. Bobbing a much older truck like that is one thing I just couldn't do. I'm only 5hr 38min South of you in Dallas. I would trade you my M35a2c for either the 135 or the 211 in similar condition.

sickmoparfreak

Well, we all hate to see a rarity chopped, but they are ALL rare eventually. So, I say : If you can afford to buy it, it belongs to you. Enjoy YOUR truck however YOU like. respecting personal liberty is whats cool.

Blueduce

Well, we all hate to see a rarity chopped, but they are ALL rare eventually. So, I say : If you can afford to buy it, it belongs to you. Enjoy YOUR truck however YOU like. respecting personal liberty is whats cool.

I agree with you to an extent. I think I might not have as big an issue with this if these trucks where still a dime a dozen. I guess it's better to see the truck restored as a bobber than just rusting away in some field.
I think the hurdle I'm having a hard time clearing is the core values that where drilled into us in basic training. Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service etc. Being a combat vet myself, I do admit that (in a big way) I consider these MV's brothers in arms and respect them as such.
I know there just green steel to most but I can't count how many times a MV saved my bacon in one form or another. When I was an active duty soldier I could tell which truck was coming up the road before you could see it. The whistle of the deuce meant chow or ammo or you where going to the rear and a hot shower.
You have all seen the commercial about the car that saved the guys life when he wrecked it. The guy goes to the junk yard and takes the shift knob of the totaled car and put's it on his new car. Same concept..
Remember, these vehicles fought just as hard as the troops did to allow us our "Personal Freedom" I feel that they should be respected as such. ESPECIALLY THE " THE WWII VETS "...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks