• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed 211

Flat Black

Since this is the hot rodding forum, I will put this here, but feel free to move it if its in the wrong place. I searched in the Korea to Vietnam section and did not find anyone with a bobbed M211 or 135. Obviously plenty of M35's have been done and was just thinking something a bit different.

Other options would be 211 front clip or cab on an M35 chassis or swapping M35 or newer parts like axles and engine under the earlier trucks.

Would you still use a trailer bed or make one? What about bobbing the factory bed to keep the factory lines for that era?

Tons of M35s around, didnt see too many 211s for sale.

EDIT: found a few bobbed 135/211 trucks and found a few for sale too. If anyone has pics or builds, please post.

Cheers

Last edited:

Westech

CPL
I am bobing my M211 right now because PB would not buy it. There was a member who has one also. It has been a couple years sense I have see him on here.
As of parts... as of two years ago parts are hard to find

XM 2742

Why not bob something a bit newer. The 211 is somewhat of a classic and yes parts are a bit of a challenge to find but they are out there. Parts trucks are seen all the time and parts can be purched from several vendors.

Flat Black

bc an M35 has been bobbed a million times and a 211/135 (it appears) has not :D

Not about cutting up a classic or one that has been restored, more like find a decent body and dont worry if everything is period correct or not. I just like the look of the older trucks. The bobbed m35's are cool and I like them, but they are very common in milveh circles. Just kicking around ideas.

Would love to have a bobbed FMTV, but a bit too rich and they are POS's (at least the S&S versions) that are much harder to work on and get parts for than a M35 or similar vintage trucks would be.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks