• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bobbed a deuce, original bed

goldneagle

has anyone bobbed a deuce by simply shorting the frame and bed by 3 feet? i would like to see pictures.

tom

I think I read some threads on different ways that the M35 trucks were bobbed. Some shortened the frame and cargo bed. Some shortened the frame and moved the axle then used a M105 bed. There are different combinations discussed in the threads. I am sure CLINTO or DH will chime in and give you some links to those threads. They are really good at the search feature AND GREAT MODERATORS!:-D

Last edited by a moderator:

MO MV man

That's how I built mine......

And I couldn't be more pleased with it.

I shortened the frame and bed 3 feet.
Shortened the sideboards and troop seats the same (they still work).

Any questions? Don't hesitate to PM or e-mail me.

Attachments

mckeeranger

And I couldn't be more pleased with it.

I shortened the frame and bed 3 feet.
Shortened the sideboards and troop seats the same (they still work).

Any questions? Don't hesitate to PM or e-mail me.
So is the rear axle in the location of the original front axle? (front of the tandem) In other words, were you able to use the stock drive shaft?

MO MV man

So is the rear axle in the location of the original front axle? (front of the tandem) In other words, were you able to use the stock drive shaft?
I centered the axle in the newly-shortened bed.
This ended up moving the axle back 2 inches.

There was PLENTY of splineage in the front driveshaft to accomodate that amount so I went with it.
After MANY miles on the bob, no driveshaft issues to report whatsoever.