• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed A3 on 1600R20's

USMC6062

This is my buddies truck that I helped him bob. We just got the big tires mounted the other day. We are still planning on lifting the frontend a little to make more clearance for the tires and make it look a little better. I have one idea of lifting the cab and fenders, but not the radiator and grill, and getting rid of the up in the air look of the hood.

USMC6062

It doesn't have any clearance issues while turning at all, it is a little close to the exhaust and would probably rub if turn all the way to the right and hit a good sized bump. We haven't checked the speed with GPS yet but it should run about 65 or so, we were passing cars on the test drive. It's a pretty new experience passing someone in a military truck.

mudguppy

that looks great!! how's the power?

from experience with my truck, i'd lift it 8" if it will see off-road time. if not, 6" will be fine for most anything else.

i have 6" on my truck and wish i had 8" - the tires can and will dig into the lower rear front fender corners if not careful. i did gain another 1" from the recent weight loss, but i still plan to trim the front fenders at the rear.

again, i think it looks great.

USMC6062

This is my truck, it has 9" of lift in the front and 8" in the rear, plus a little more from the difference in size the 5 ton axles made. I also moved the frontend 4" foward to make the tire look better in the fender after going 9" up with it.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks