• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bobbed a3

big camo truck

just finished my bobbed a3 (trying to decide if im going to paint artic camo of black) it a winch truck with 2k documented miles. thinking about changing tires to 14r20 (more speed). just ordered 7 off road lights from a ss member. even the ctis works (for now)

Attachments

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am trying - really trying - to understand the attraction of bobbing. I do not get it.

I looked at the above pic for a while and am struggling with the proportions of the bobbed A3; the front looks so massive, it makes the rear look puny and very lightweight. Somehow it is proportioned similar to these battery powered kid's cars that have short wheelbases.

I still think the trucks look their best when left intact....not meant to criticise anyone's right to do whetever he wants. It is just me not getting it.

Last edited:

mudguppy

looking good. even a winch truck, to boot!!

i say lift it and get it up on 16.00's - to me, that's when a bob'd deuce really shines.

or, dual out some 14.00's.... :beer:

you'll probably need to turn the fuel up some.

mikew

I am trying - really trying - to understand the attraction of bobbing. I do not get it.
I drive my bobbed deuce almost every day, it's my "work" car and weekend goofing-off truck.

I just couldn't enjoy a stock deuce the same way.

I'm all for a stock deuce, but you just can have more fun in a bobbed one!

Oh, and by the way, I like to see that A3 in arctic cammo!

Mike W
XM381

I drove our A3 over 400 miles last Tuesday and I'm always amazed at how slow the A3 is. With the 14.5's going 52mph you are spinning approx 2700 rpm's. which is CRAZY fast for the Cat 3116. 45mph is a more relaxed crusing speed but is unsafe on the interstate in my opinion as truckers going 75mph come up on you pretty quick!

We plan on installing 395's on our M36a3 to help with roadspeed. I'd go with 3 color dark camo and 1400's. I figure if you are going to bob an M35 you might as well make it as streetable as possible with the big tires. It's not fun going 52mph on long trips!!!!!

Andy