• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed daily driver and thanks

shannondeese

I have almost completed my Deuce. It is done enough to now be my daily driver since my other trucks are either broken or undergoing an eng swap. There are alot of people that have made it possible to get to this point. John Fisher, Jess "high Angle Driveline" , Mark "100dollarman" , Chuck, Walt, Matt, and to all on this forum that have provided me with advice and pointers from your combined experiences a big THANK YOU.

Attachments

rwbrown72

Cool....Daily driver.:-D What muffler setup are you using? I would love to use mine like that, but my ears won't take it without muffs or at least ear plugs. It looks like a real professionally done truck. Great work and congrats on finishing it this far.

shannondeese

I installed a 4 inch magnaflow. I cut the pipe just below and above the clamp the welded the clamp below the muffler so I can easily remove the muffler if I need to. It is alot quieter now. Still loud but much more tolerable.. I also am using a Ford Aerostar seat. So much more comfortable.

Attachments

shannondeese

I bought three sets of full hydro steering with pumps rams and orbital valves for a smokin deal the other day so I am going to use one set for this truck. John Fisher has dibs on another set so there is an extra laying around for another project down the road.

Alex400

I installed a 4 inch magnaflow. I cut the pipe just below and above the clamp the welded the clamp below the muffler so I can easily remove the muffler if I need to. It is alot quieter now. Still loud but much more tolerable.. I also am using a Ford Aerostar seat. So much more comfortable.
Would love to hear what that sounds like.

mudguppy

without turning the fuel up, it's so under-powered it's down-right dangerous. since, it's much better and on the verge of being driveable. on the flats she'll do 60-65, and that's about as fast as i would like to have her. oddly enough, the large tires put 1st gear right at a perfect range and it actually quite usable.

i've had her over 70, but she's just not comfortable at that.

of course, the new engine and trans will have me at any speed i want...

oh, and i don't record mileage. the speedo is so off and i don't go on long enough drives to make the effort. i don't think it'd be worse than about 10-ish.