• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed Deuce Bed

FM5332FF

I have recently bobbed my deuce and want to build the bed for it, i was thinking about using a 105 trailer, but that is what alot of people have done, i was thinking along the lines of making somthing that looks simular to the 105 trailer but with the wheel wells equal to the front fenders. has anyone ever done this? im going to start on it next week some time. im going to make it 9' long and 6' wide with the center of the wheel well at 4' 10" im thinking of making the top of the wheel well 3" long and the bottom 4". inside of the bed i plan on building drop down spots with lids to hold chains or straps. then im going to put a toolbox in the front. Let me know what you think.

DUECE-COUPE

bob tail bed.

you can use a generator trailer bed. it will give you the fenders you need, but the bed is 7 ft wide. you will have to cut it down to get it centered. look at the thread from dirtyfingernails. it is of my truck. i can give you more details if you are interested in this.

FM5332FF

this is about what i want the bed to look like, with the larger wheel wells so i dont have to raise it so far off the frame. i used ranchhands truck for the photochop.

Attachments

Last edited:

FM5332FF

My wheels are on the way, i ordered them from long wheel here in florida and im having a shop called Conquer Customs which is here in florida build some custom rock rings for them, here is a little peek from the cad drawing.

Attachments

FM5332FF

dont worry one day i will be toting the deuce around with a 5 ton. I Finally started to build the bed the other day. so far i got the fenders done, i have been busy with work and getting ready to take my paramedic state test. but the bed should look like the seccond photo shop with the deeper sides. i had some 2X4 Steel laying around so i used what i had and i have to still buy another stick, but the prices have went down alot. the bed will be bomb proof. im building it with 1/4 wall square tube and then the sides will be 1/8th sheet. i have most of it figured out.

Aswayze

Why not just use a M105 bed then wipe the wheel wells out entirely? That’s what we did when we used an M105 bed for Tascabe’s Unimog. Pictures show our current progress:

Attachments

FM5332FF

nopics

sorry Chris but I had to do it!!!!! rofl

Vinny

I will post it again before vinny gets the chance, but i have been busy trying to study for my state paramedic exam, im going to make it to the fl rally but im not sure if my deuce will be able to come along, so far i have made both of the fenders for the bed, then i ran out of steel and it will not be here untill tuesday, due to monday being a holiday. but im hoping to have it finished as soon as possible, i made the fenders 3" at the top and almost 4" wide at the bottom, i missed it by one inch, but it should be alright, the bed is going to be around 2.5 to 3ft deep to make up for not lifting it up off the frame, i plan on building storage areas in the bed so i can store chain and other items i may need, im also going to build a bow system for the bed so i can run a top on it from a 105 trailer. i will try to keep you guys updated as soon as i get back to work on the bed. oh and my wheels should be done wednesday, we changed the cad a little from when i posted the last picture, the wheels are going to be killer. but i will leave it at that. Have a good day. CT

ralbelt

the taller sides definately look better, even a little taller would put them in line with the bottom of the side window and the hood, would look real clean.

my 2 cents

tm america

i,m not much into the bobbed idea so if you are gonna do go different! i like the bed on the unimog nice work .the little wheel wells just dont look right since they arent proportioned with the front .why not put a unimog bed on a deuce only a foot longer than a m105 bed.plus you could get on with drop sides bows and cargo cover.you could make up a mounting for it simaliar to a unimog to let the frame flex more

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks