• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed Deuce Bed

FM5332FF

well another hurdle in the road of my bobbed deuce came my way tonight, i won a auction on GL for two tan 105 trailers, they look to be in great shape they have the fiberglass side bows and one of them even has the tan top. So i think im going to use one of them for my bed and then tow the other behind my deuce, im thinking i might have a Tan bobbed deuce, What do you think? here are the pics from the auction. woo hooo

Attachments

FM5332FF

I started to flip my hubs this afternoon so i could mount my new wheels and tires, i did one side and was getting ready to do the other, but it was starting to get dark so i just mounted the wheels on one side, so tomorrow im going to flip the other hub and mount the rest of the tires, then use the power bleeder that i borrowed from my brother and bleed the brakes. after that im going to go drive it around

Attachments

FM5332FF

Tickled green :p I took the deuce for a spin, I LOVE IT, Im happy with my decision to bob my truck, i cant wait to get the 105 trailers down here so i can put one on it for my bed. Im going to order some paint and start the prep work to shoot her tan in a couple of days. Now to just find one of them money trees.

Attachments

SasquatchSanta

Just a reminder --- when determining the height of the 105 bed don't forget to take into consideration the clearance required to remove the in-tank fuel pump. It takes quite a bit of height to remove the pump.

DicedDeuceMan

Find yourself a old M37 bed and lengthen it a little, But believe me, to put the front end on too,, gets a little time consuming.. The hood has to be chopped up, pulled in ect.. Widened at front (m37 last 6 inches) Fenders are M37 too

sorry, still can' get extentions to work just right

Last edited:

FM5332FF

Your Truck is nice, i want to pick up a m37 or m715 for my next project. But i like the looks of the deuce with the M105 Trailer used as a bed the most.

DicedDeuceMan

Back about 8 to 10 years ago,,, jeess it seems long time ago, is when I built it, there was a guy that was doing the shortened deuces down in the carolinas? I think or lower.
If I remember right, he was buying the chevy longbeds (mil surplus) and using them for beds.. It didn't look too bad either, He was also using the mirrors off the pickups too, I switched to smaller mirrors later, less problem folding them out of the way

USMC6062

Find yourself a old M37 bed and lengthen it a little, But believe me, to put the front end on too,, gets a little time consuming.. The hood has to be chopped up, pulled in ect.. Widened at front (m37 last 6 inches) Fenders are M37 too

sorry, still can' get extentions to work just right

Do you have anymore pics? That thing looks pretty cool, I might have to start looking for M37 sheet metal. Would a deuce hood be easier to modify to look like what you have, instead of modifying the M37 hood to fit a deuce? I'm building a bobbed deuce in the near future, and would like to run tractor tires on it for the mud. I already saved this picture, but would like to see more. Alex

DicedDeuceMan

You'll notice one pic is with 50" NDT's, It still had the side boxes under the bed, also the original fuel tank. Later, removed all that for clearance, used a ccuv tank, Transfercase was also moved up 4 inches for clearance, rear is stearing. Motor (sorry guys) BBC454 with injection, auto trans. Most of the hood is Deuce, diced and narrowed in front to M37 width.. M37 fenders gave me more clearance.

Attachments

FM5332FF

How much does your truck weigh with the 454. Also my EUC was sent to battle creek, so i will have more pics as soon as i go to pick up the trailers, soon to be time for a road trip vinny

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks