• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed Deuce Bed

militarytrux

If you spean a minute and search around google there's a guy in CT very talented who has done what you're talking about doing, he has made 4 door duece's and 5-ton cummins 4 doors, some short tucks with custom beds ect.

He has a web site I thinks it's www.babyj.us ?? I will double check and post the correct site if that is not the right address.

Good luck

FM5332FF

My mammy is down from tennessee for my brothers wedding this past week and my birthday today, so we took some great pictures for the family album when she was at my house for dinner last night. shes the best

Attachments

FM5332FF

Im going to keep that trailer together, the other one will be the bed for my deuce, i bought some paint to re paint my truck too, im going to start prep this week, im going to paint the interior first and then go from there. it will be three color desert camo :p

FM5332FF

so i started to mess with the deuce a bit today, i scuffed down the rear frame rails and sprayed them tan, im getting ready to put the 105 body on the truck and i wanted the frame rails painted before i do, so this week some time im going to go get some 2x4 steel that im going to build a sub frame for the trailer to mount to so later on down the road if i want i can make it into a dump bed. The other day i took the hard top off the truck and made sure i had all the parts to install my soft top, im waiting for ups to bring my tan soft top, then the soft top will be going on.

FM5332FF

So I was bord today and was tired of looking at my 105 trailers and then looking at my deuce with no bed on it, so with some jacks and a couple of fence posts and ratchet straps i got the bed on the deuce, it went smoothly with no problems, just like planned. So now i have a 3 color deuce it is Od, Tan, And a more yellow tan. I still have to bolt the bed down and im going to use some steel to lift it up a inch or two and im going to do some work on the front of the bed to get it to sit forward a little more and that will be it, ready for more paint. Then off to repacing the tranny, putting in dual springer seats and building a center console. :p:p:p

Attachments

FM5332FF

A little update

The paint isnt finished yet, i have not had much time lately to work on the truck, but i did remove the seats, I replaced the drivers seat with a springer and the passenger seat is my old box seat now, Hopefully I will be able to start the paint in the next week or so.:p

vinny-socom1

Chris I plan on BOBBING the 5ton the weekend of the 23rd at Matts so I'll pick up your other springer seat then. If your free come on up, I'll have plenty on work to do.

Vinny