• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed Deuce Bed

vinny-socom1

come on up, you can bunk at my place and we can ride up to Matts early Sat. should be able to complete it in one day I hope. I know hes got a trans for ya waiting.

Vinny

FM5332FF

KA BOOM!! Here are some pics of my old tranny. I replaced it today with the tranny I picked up when we bobbed Vinnys 5 Ton. I also had a local truck shop change out the throwout bearing for me. It was only 50 bucks installed. Also if you need to replace your throwout bearing the Aetna Part number is 3419.

Attachments

Mark2X2

FM5332FF,
I'm a FNG I picked my Deuce up & brought it home on 6/2. I'm going to "BOB" it, would you mind answering a couple questions? Why don't guys just cut the original bed down? It's only iron, my thought was shorten it and cut some wheel wells in it. or am I missing something besides a lot of extra work?
Mark

FM5332FF

it is not that much extra work to shorten down the original bed, I think it might be easier, You wont have to make any mounting points for the bed or anything like that. I didnt use mine because my deuce is a M109A3 it had a box on the back of it, There wasnt a bed. It is all pretty much what you like and what you want to do you your truck some people like the 105 trailer bed and some people hate them. Ether way, go get a big hammer, A torch and some buddys and start beating rivits. Thats the fun part. :twisted:

frodobaggins

Tranny is slang for transmission or to be more specific a Spicer 3530.

It was in responce to the pic above with the hoist made of 2x4s.

I wonder if the thought of doing a "tranny" in your deuce made you a little excited?:wink:
Well it didn't make me excited, but that was the joke I was going for yes. :)

Luke

Sorry but what is bobbing? :oops:

I looked at the pictures but am unsure.

You chop a trailer into a bed that goes over the 5th wheel so it can easily be used either way?

FM5332FF

Sevo, the paint is 686 Tan I can get the nsn number for you later when im at home.

Luke,

bobbing is removing the tandem setup that the deuce has from the factory and replacing the spring in the rear with a spring and hanger set from either a scrap deuce or use 105 springs, leaving it with one axle in the rear instead of two. then you can shorten the cargo bed by cutting it down or use a m105a2 trailer for a bed. there are also alot of little things that come along with it like shortening the air lines, blocking off one of the break lines, paint, moving the bumperetts forward. I think doing mine was alot of fun.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks