• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed deuce mpg

99dodge1500

I am looking to buy a deuce and bob it, but I was reading in the forum that the get 6 mpg stock, What do the get when they are bobbed? I am 17 and don't fell like getting broke in just buying fuel!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Look in Sasquatchsanta's threads. I think he gets 12-14. The 1009 we drove to the Florida rally last year got 25+ at "high rates of speed".

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
1009 has 3.73 gears and a 1008 has 4.56. Much different mpg. If you don't run on the highway much, you might get away with it.

TenTires

Did you really just ask this question? If youve got the $$$ to buy a bobbed deuce or to make one, is worrying about fuel costs really a prerogative? (If it is, get up with your local repair shop or jiffy lube and score some free waste motor oil, do a search on here about how to use it, and run that!):-D

davidkroberts

if your really worried about mpg this might not be a good hobby for you. :-D

i can sum up the average mpg of every military vehicle ever made....awful.

comes with having large vehicles, larger gearing, motor built to run on anything and the aerodynamics of a shoebox

99dodge1500

I have read about waste motor oil, but if I can get something that gets better gas mileage, with being big is good for me. I was planning on getting a m1008 and put a six inch lift and 38 to 40s on it.

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I get about 10mpg on my stock deuce. I'm guessing that a boobed deuce weighs about 11,000 lbs with 14x20s w/ow. That is two CVCU's in shear weight. I think the bobber would be a better "ultimate off-road recovery vehicle". You will be able to pull alot more out with it. And in saving a ton, and one axle and a drive shaft, that should be good for at least 3 mpg. I am hoping to get 14mpg out of my bobber.
Anyone keeping track of their bobbed mileage?

tm america

i get 12-14mpg with my m35a2c with 15.5s it gets better milage than my 97 dodge with a 5.9and it weighs more than twice as much as the dodge. the military rated them 5-6 that was a worst case fully loaded offroad .go with the deuce you'll save alot of money in broken parts that should more than cover the cost of fuel, oil ,and more.good luck

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I just checked mine on about 180 mile round trip and only got 9mpg running at max rpm 95% of the time (which is about 62 mph with 14.5's). I'm sure if I slowed down to 55 it would improve a bit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks