• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed Deuce Options

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been thinking of bobbing a deuce and want to use the original wheels and tires. I would also like to keep duals on the rear axle but utilize a deuce front suspension in case I want to go with larger tires later. Finally, I would chop the existing bed. Any issues that would make this project unrealistic?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I don't have pics on this new puter but if you do a seach of my posts you can prob find a pic of my bobber.....it had 1100x20 tires on it and I kept it dual tires in the rear.
I used a commercial flat bed and fabbed dual exhausts from HUMVEE fording pipes.

If you want a mean look get the 1100x20 raidals and dual them out on the rear.

The NDTs suck on wet roads anyway.

MO MV man

I have been thinking of bobbing a deuce and want to use the original wheels and tires. I would also like to keep duals on the rear axle but utilize a deuce front suspension in case I want to go with larger tires later. Finally, I would chop the existing bed. Any issues that would make this project unrealistic?
That's exactly what I did, initially.
And it worked GREAT!
VERY straightforward project.
Any questions, PM me.

Shortly thereafter, I swapped on the HEMTT wheels and 395 Michelin's.
MUCH better! 8)

MO MV man

I didn't have to modify my driveshaft at all.
I only moved the axle back about 2"-to center it in the bed.
And there's PLENTY of splineage in the front driveshaft to accomodate it.

Many miles later and I have zero complaints or problems to report.

militarytrux

I did the same thing but extended the drive shaft 4" and left a little more room at the front of the bed to the transfer case mount