• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed deuce parts problem.

KsM715

Ok lets see how long this takes. I'm working on a bobbed deuce and Ive run into a problem. I'm to the point of putting the rear suspension on and I cant find anyone that wants to sell the spring perches. I have one I found in a salvage yard but could not locate the other. All the people I have contacted so far either dont have them or want to sell the whole front suspension. I dont need that I only need the u-bolts (wich I can have made locally) and the one spring perch that goes between the axle and spring pack.

If anyone has any parts trucks or those parts let me know.

Heres the pics. Also, can I add a t-fitting to the air tank (the one with the pressure relief) to add an air chuck to near the tool box? I know I can use the glad hand and all that. I just want to add a place to hook up air tools near the tool box.

Thanks
Jeff

Attachments

Last edited:

KsM715

I just cant justify the dealer prices right now when I know that somewhere on here there are guys with those parts at a much more reasonable price and willing to help out a fellow member rather than just in it for the money.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think, for the price of buying a single or pair of front spring mounts, you could just win an M105 and go that way. Yeah, you'll need blocks, instead....

I remember CCattlett bought one, after his accident. I don't recall where though. Maybe try searching his old thread?

Not sure on the air connection.

Ridgerunner

I think I do have just one spring perch.

It's on a spare Rockwell front axle, in the garage at my other house in the city. I was just over there today for some other things. If I have time, I can go back over tomorrow and look for you. If I do just have the one on the axle, like I think I do, I'd sell it to you.

But if there is a pair on it, I'm going to sell them as a set with the front springs.

KsM715

Yeah I thought I could use the block from the M105 (the block between the spring and helper spring but it does not have the taper to it that the spring perch has and the hole for the center pin is not big enough.

It looks like I could put a T in the air tank so I could run a larger line right off the tank for more air to run something like a impact gun. But I wanted to hear from some guys that know more about the air sytem than I do. I dont see why you couldnt put a T there.

BTW that is one stout pressure relief valve. I thought I had every thing cleared when I went to pull the bed straight off the back of the truck with the tractor. The front of the bed caught that valve and stopped my tractor dead. I added the 90 degree fitting after removing the bed.

KsM715

Thanks ridgerunner. That the problem I have been running into. No one has just one. Id buy a pair of perches but I dont need the springs. The shipping on the springs would negate any "deal" I could get on the perches.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks