• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed Deuce suspension question

Joeinderry

I bobbed my deuce a couple months ago, been driving it frequently. I have noticed that it has quite a bit of bounce until I get it to a nice even speed. It seems like the rear axle has a lot of what i'd call roll. My question is: Do those who bob these trucks use the old stabilizer bar/ dogbones from the dual axle setup to keep the axle in place? I was thinking of fabricating some mounts on the frame to put one on. If anyone has done this I would be interested in their ideas how to go about it. I'm not sure if it will be a cure for the bounce but it's worth the try. Thanks for any and all the info. and help. Joe

shannondeese

Mine has a whole lot of bounce when I am in reverse with no load in the bed. Once I am rolling it's fine or if I have 1000 lbs or so in the bed it's fine. Going forward it doesn't ever bounce unless I'm in deep sand or deep snow.

MO MV man

Which springs did you use for the bob?
Deuce fronts?
Trailers?
Did you use shocks?

I used Deuce front springs and shocks on mine and it road fantastic (well, for a Deuce, that is. LOL) with zero bounce.

If you don't have shocks, I'd highly recommend them. That's what they're there for-to keep such suspension movement under control.

rlsnide

Don't know what kind of air pressure you are running but mine did it bad when i was cruising at a low RPM (1500 or less) i had 35 psi of air in my tires and went up to 45 psi and it was all better dont know what kindof air psi you have, but just a thought.

rmgill

I run 60 PSI in my 1100s with super singles. Much better ride that way. No load of course means that there's hardly any movement. It's far better if you have some tools and stuff back there.