• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed Deuce Wheel Back Spacing

coondog

I posted this in conversations earlier. Concerning wheel back spacing on my bob job. I have 1600R20 tires and am having MRW price new wheels. I'm NOT planning on flipping the rear hubs. Am I close at guessing the back spacing on the front at 7" and the rear at 2.5"? Thanks

KsM715

I dont have an answer to your question but I do know your not supposed to post the same thing in more than one forum. Forum rules state no cross posting. Id say delete this one and just wait for answers in your original thread.

coondog

I'm both weak and lazy and apparently stupid. But I'll be better tomorrow. If I flip the hubs, what is the back spacing needed for the tires and 11" wide wheels? I robbed wheels off of my A3 and the tires rub everywhere and have not put air in yet. Thanks

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'm pretty sure you need a lift of some sort to get 1600s to fit. I believe 1400s will work, but I thought the 2 people running 1600s installed a lift or dual frame.

Ridgerunner

My rear hubs are flipped on my Deuce, and the1600R20 XZL's are on a 10" wide rim, with a 4" back space. You could do a 5" back space with your 11" rims no problem.

coondog

So 5" back space front and back? With hubs flipped. I know that I'll have to do a lift after I get these tires mounted. How about trailer bed mods inside fender wells at 5" back space?

Ronbo

I am considering bobbing mine, I am a fairly good mechanic but just not real sure If I should do it or have it done.. Can any of you guys that bob a deuce , take some step by step pictures??
And a really Dumb question , Flipping the hubs?? can you explain ? Thanks

coondog

I bought my M109A3 and 1 1/2 ton trailer at the same time. Took the trailer apart, cut the frame at 45 degrees front and back. The two hardest parts to the bob job was getting the box off of the deuce and cutting and driving the rivets off and out of the rear end. Drag the rear end out tear it apart. Roll the trailer frame and axle under the truck frame. I squared mine up with two tape measures one on each side front axle to the back. Find the center of trailer bed fender wells on the truck frame. I had to buy new u-bolts (100.00) and lengthen the drive shaft 4 3/8" (158.00). And did it on a gravel driveway in the winter by myself. Piece of cake.

KsM715

I am considering bobbing mine, I am a fairly good mechanic but just not real sure If I should do it or have it done.. Can any of you guys that bob a deuce , take some step by step pictures??

Go to this site: XM381 He's a SS member.

Ronbo

Thanks KsM715 That was helpful.. The ss member that owns the site or business should video the procedure and sell them . That would be 1 of a kind .. of course I get a free copy for the idea..:) Thanks again

oddshot

I'm just doing mine too ... you can find a lot of good reading to be found on this forum if you do a search on each subject you asked about.

This place is like a HUGE library. Just reading some of these threads I can sometimes find answers to questions that I haven't even considered ...

Time well spent!

oddshot

coondog

My first Deuce is a M35A3 that I got out of Fort Carson, CO. I plan on bobbing it next with 4-link. I thought that I could use the wheels off of it with the 1600R20 tires but the back spacing it to much for the M109a3 or M35a2 (without the box)

russ81

I'm running 16/20's on 12" wheels with 6" back spacing. I like the look of having the tires stick out slightly from the front fenders. Also, I haven't lifted the truck any.

I tried to post step by step photo's of my Bob Job if your interested. Check out my thread: work on the war pig continues.

Hope this helps. Just my 2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks