• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed Deuce - Why use M105 trailer frame too?????????

wehring

I bobbed a deuce last weekend and put a M105 trailer box on it. I used several photos for SS to reverse engineer the conversion and most all of the using the M105 box also used the trailer frame section... Why???

I am running 395 tires and there are no clearance issues. It seems like the truck will have better "lines" if the bed and cab bottoms are together and the tops of the wheel wells.

Please educate me.

Justin 281 483 8422

Attachments

comdiver

Mangus, I'm only 62.5% there. I must admit I'm not real prould of that, but I've been working hard on everything else. Maybe if all you guys wrote Janice a time off request for me, she wouldn't let me do roofing and foundation walls and all that stuff that keeps my bed dry at night. Don't forget to wish her Happy Birthday (that may help).... This winter for sure, I hope.

rottiedog

Mine does line up with the cab but there is issues with tire clearance. I am planning on doing some sort of body lift before I go up in tire size.

Sorry about the picture. New camera..... I'll fix it when I get home.

davidkroberts

i really like singled out bobbed M-35's. actually dont want or need a fullsized one but a Bob-job would be perfect for my collection of military vehicle oddities.....

Good job on the build i like it....

miltruckman

Deuce bobb advice needed

Hi, I really like how your truck looks.

Can you tell more about how you did the Bobb job?
Did you put any kind of spacer between the bed and truck frame?
Where did you find rims and what size are they?
Did yo use a set of deuce front springs for the rear?
Can yoiu use the original rear drive shaft?
How much frame did you cut off?
Any info would be great. I will be bobbing a deuce soon and need advice.

Thanks,

Bill
Michigan

wehring

An Answer

I put the trailer bed directly on a deuce I cut down this weekend and there are four issues with leaving the trailer frame off.

1. Can not access the in tank fuel pump easily (Thanks Bjorn)
2. Hits the top "T" on the air tanks
3. Hits the second mounting block on the trailer bed - can be cut off though
4. The flex mount from the truck bed is not utilized. It is a hard mount to the frame.

I will trouble shoot these items this weekend and report back.

Justin

wehring

Yup the next one will be a "C" bed cut down

This one is for a relative. Next weekend I will put Ethan's HIAB on a shorty and cut a "C" bed to match. I like the flat bed option the C offers.

Justin

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Justin,
I am in the process of bobbing and plan on using a M105 bed,racks and cover. I like the looks of yours, but have seen some that are at the same level as the bottom of the cab and also looks good with the lines appearing correct. Mine will probably depend on how much clearence with the 46 XLs using ODIron wheels.

SasquatchSanta

Justin,

As a suggestion ... when you reinstall the mud flaps it would be nice to get another (second) set and install them in front of the rear axle. The back end of the fuel tank is going to need some protection from flying rocks. Having the steel flaps on both the front and and the rear looks good. 2cents