• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bobbed deuce

KaiserM109

Good work, Caveman. I have no qualms against modifying either a ’57 Chevy or a deuce. Now hacking up a ’57 T Bird would hurt but that’s just because they are really rare. Nothin’ rare about a deuce.

My Own Personal Opinion:
I like the chop job and the windshield visor; I’m not so hot on the doors. I do think that you ought to put something where the fuel tank, pioneer tools, battery box and tool box used to be, though. On that point I like the truck in your avatar better.

When the money comes available I intend to acquire a 2nd deuce and bob it. An example that made me decide that is one with an M105 trailer bed w/canvas and super singles and a winch. I already have the M105.

As far as 4x4 vs 6x6 it really depends upon what kind of off-roading you do. In the Rocky Mtns a shorter wheel base and good approach and departure angles are important. A low hanging step and fuel tank can be a problem.

blacktop

Cool truck, I am impressed with the quality of your work. The door gaps all look well and everything is in proportion. Cant wait to see the finished details.

CDN-CUCV

Great job on your truck! Looks like many a photochop job I've played around with.

I'm a hotrodder first. Chopped quite a bit of old tin and have taken the flack from it. So be it. Do you remember the completely stock '57 Chev with the seafoam green and white paint or the slammed, chopped, metal-flake machine prowling the street? hmmm?

I WILL remember this rig!:twisted:

FM5332FF

Nice, i like the chopped look, It would be neat to build a ratrod out of a deuce tub, Build it like a T Bucket. Ive been tossing the idea around, some would love it and some would hate it, but hey if i saved the cab from going to the scrap yard thats what matters right...
:razz: