• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed M211 project continues...

Sparky91.7

Finally got some time Sunday afternoon to work on the beast after working at the drag strip all weekend in 90 degree weather for a 2 day points race. Got my new

M923 windshield seals installed, and boy what a job! The 68 year old original seals were too hard to get out cleanly, but soft enough to rip in half for most of the

job. Doing it on the truck didn't help much, but the new seals went in easy peasy and hopefully my water leakage around the windows goes from a waterfall to a

trickle. Temporary fix until I can get my new old rust free windshield and frames painted and installed
sparky.jpg

.20210606_193241.jpg20210606_193254.jpg20210606_193307.jpg20210129_163314.jpg
rust.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Windows are definitely a lot of work.

I have worked along getting more things done on my M936.Seems like my front windows are becoming my next source of entertainment. The laminated glass in the frames seems to have gotten old (35 years of old). The glass is starting to look "smokey" on the edges all the way around. Delaminating I think they call it.

I have no idea if it is possible, but it sure would be nice to remove and trash my seals, remove the glass - and hope a bead blaster will make the old frames look like new again. I have new seals and time on my hands so maybe that is next.

BEST to you in your quest Sparky91.7 and nice pictures too!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks