• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bobbed m35A2 dual tanks

goodguyzy

added second tank in place of pioneer rack. Main goal is make Aux. tank a storage and/or mixing tank for WMO since i don't have a shop to store a lot of tanks/equipment in. Will purchase a centrifuge and some other small equipment, will fit in garage fine. After filtering i would like to pump into Aux fuel tank. Now here are the questions. i am thinking of filtering 40 gallon batches at one time. Fill both tanks with 20 gallons of diesel each then 20 gallons of WMO or 20 gallon batch each to put in Aux. tank and transfer over to main tank as needed with a pump. Will the fuel blend OK in the Aux. tank when driving on the main tank? Should i do a conventional system with a switch and 3 way valve...............? Should i just stop being a wimp and mix it in a garage and fill both tanks with 50/50? Any suggestions on this would be appreciated.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i just guess it. I mixed up batches and just threw it in the tank. i would keep a tank of 100% diesel and use that to start the engine and warm it up, then switch over to WMO after you're up to temperature. It would be like having an old John Deere when they were made to start on gasoline and then switch over to kerosene. If you do long hauls, i would run WMO as much as i could to save the money. if you just run around town, i would blend it. dual tanks would be nice even though the 50 gallon lasts a long time.8)

Blood_of_Tyrants

If you keep one tank for starting, you will have to switch tanks and run for 10 minutes or so on the diesel tank to clear the lines and filters. If you have problems getting it started on the mixture, just keep a can of ether and give it a shot before cranking.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have a 55 gallon drum and a 12 volt pump with a filter on it.

I mix the fuel in the drum and then pump it into the deuce tank.....much better chance of getting it mixed correctly.

Plus the fuel is filtered several times before it goes through the truck filters.

If you put 45 gallons of WMO in the secondary tank with 5 gallons of gasoline, that'll thin the oil out and make it go through the filters easier. If you add waste auto trans fluid in too, that'll make a deuce real happy and you should have no trouble starting up on it. When my tank ran dry on my deuce, (rule #1 of owning a deuce, never trust the fuel gauge!) I poured in 2 gallons of diesel but the lines were full of air and I almost killed my batteries trying to get it started again. (didn't know the lift pump was disconnected) After looking for a can of ether with no luck, I tried shooting a 4 second shot of silicone spray lube into the intake at the filter and stuffed the mushroom back on, and even with low batteries, she lit off instantly! The second I hit the button, she fired right up. :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks