• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed m923a2 and axles

Ibexe666

Looking to put some 69" tires on one and they are 26.5 inches wide and weigh about 3500lbs each. It will be powered by a 3000hp engine and alot of other goodies which still trying to get a list of parts and stuff needed. The real questiom here is what axles will be good beside rockwell 5 tons as it will be going airborne and through mudholes. Go ahead and call me crazy but i want it to be able to go fast from what ive herd planetaries dont help with that.

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most of the trucks I have seen or read about use planetary axles and they seem to go pretty fast. Clark used to be the main name for the planetary sets. I think ZF planetary axles are pretty popular more recently.

Last edited:

Ibexe666

What size tires are those the ones im looking at are 69" and 26.5" wide and have 7.6" tread depth and yea pretty much the suspension im looking at is the hendrickson hpas system im still trying to find specs om it without contacting them

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dont have any links. Just google planetary axles and you should get oodles of links. The fastest I have heard about is the Raminator at 99.1 mph. They really arent built for top speed. They are built for stadium shows. Average speed for those is generally in the 60 to 70 mph range for the larger venues.

Plane Fast

Man, I'm not sure. They are some type of Ag tire. The truck your trying to build will not have much of a 5 ton left. 3000hp and the frame will look like a cork screw!
Good luck on your build and take lots of photos. I would look into just building from scratch.

Ibexe666

Its mostly just a concept for now trying to figure out the dream truck and getting lists and stuff together for final costs. The biggest thing is axles right now struggling to find out ive posted in the 4x4 offroading websites ans just to get flammed so i decided to come back here and ask whats the best choices to pic from and when you say there wont be much 5 ton left what do you mean. Roflrofl

Ibexe666

Yes! It is espically with the amout of torque this custom engine will produce which i cant tell you atm but its above 1500ftlbs :grin: ive been searching for the transmission for over a year and ive come to the realization it will have to be competely custom.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd suggest contacting the mud boggers throughout the South, and/or monster truck crews. They would have the knowledge & experience with the high-horsepower drivetrains and whatnot. One thing to note is that with the amount of HP & torque you are looking at, you might want to think about a full tubular steel chassis.

Just a thought.

Looking to put some 69" tires on one and they are 26.5 inches wide and weigh about 3500lbs each. It will be powered by a 3000hp engine and alot of other goodies which still trying to get a list of parts and stuff needed. The real questiom here is what axles will be good beside rockwell 5 tons as it will be going airborne and through mudholes. Go ahead and call me crazy but i want it to be able to go fast from what ive herd planetaries dont help with that.

Ibexe666

Ive thought about a tube chassis but the truck weighs a **** ton and it might make it weigh more and im trying to make it somewhat street legal. Light weight is key im trying to get it light because of it going high speed

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks