• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed w/53's w/m105 lots-o-pics

Nuckollsinc

Well I just finished the M105a1 bed. Fit really easy and went suprisingly smooth. Took it on a little offroading and no rubbing anywhere so far. Thought I would share my progress as I know everyone loves pics of diffrent setup as I do.

Thx Eric

Attachments

Nuckollsinc

The rear suspension I think is the m35 fronts and they made there own hangers theres not alot of give to the rear.

HAHA yea the old Mexican tune up rattle cans from wallyworld. I'm thinkin about goin back camo but im still undesided I like the flat black look right now.

Attachments

davidkroberts

well thats good to know, i helped a friend bob his on hemmt tires and it rode awful. i think it was a tire balance inflation issue more than anything. it was almost uncontrolable. glad your turned out great.

Nuckollsinc

Thx Man. Yea I just like the bobbed becuse of the speed w/53"s runinnin 65-70 vs. 50-55. Also the maneuverability is nice to be able to go to walmart and park with no problems. I have been getting 14.5 mpg using 100% used motor oil.

mudguppy

they will rub at partial turn combined with mild articulation offroad.

you need to lift it if you are going to leave the pavement. if those lugs catch and you have any momentum it will rip your fender off.

Unforgiven

Mudguppy is right. With those tall of tires it needs a lift kit. There was one bobbed guy here who recently did a fantastic looking lift & 53's. The truck looked awesome & in proper dimensions aesthetically. It really made all the difference in the looks + added substantial ground clearance. You made a good start. I'd love to see it lifted.

Nuckollsinc

Well to be honest I think lifted rides look better with the wheels filling the wheel wells not the truck sitting on top of the tires a mile high. Also from what I have seen is that the front and rear springs is they really dont articulate enough to rub. Now if you would have a 4 link rear things would deffinatly be bent up 4 sure. In the end this wasnt built to be rockcrawler but more just a bada$$ ride to be the star of the local carshows.

Unforgiven

That's cool. It's your truck. I keep forgetting that bobbed trucks don't articulate as much as tandem-axle ones. I must say that I enjoy seeing the tire size in relation to the truck.

I'd love to see someone put 49's on a truck to put it half way between 395's and 53's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks