• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed with shortened original bed?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I think there have been several bobs using a shortend stock bed.

If you use a M105 trailer bed you have to make the driveshaft a little longer so the rear axle will line up with the middle of the trailer fenders.

I used a little factory built flatbed on mine.

Attachments

Last edited:

KsM715

There are pros and cons to both set ups. Bobbing a Deuce takes a fair amount of work no matter which bed you use.

ps I'm taking my bobbed truck up to my father in laws next weekend to install the M105 bed I have sitting up at his place

cbvet

I really like the looks of the bobbed trucks, but can't spend much these days. So I'm trying to figure out how to make a strong/safe bobber at minimum cost.
I have a 105 frame with good springs, & I can get a running Deuce fairly cheap.

Is it because of using the 105 springs that mount on the side of the frame, that spacers are required?

How much lift would be required if using a shortened original bed & the M105 spring set up?

Or could the 105 frame with mounts simply be bolted under the truck's frame?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Djfreema did one and used the stock bed. I think dug has it now, maybe he'll chime in.

XanRa

I think there have beed several bobs using a shortend stock bed.

If you use a M105 trailer bed you have to make the driveshaft a little longer so the rear axle will line up with the middle of the trailer fenders.

I used a little factory built flatbed on mine.
lol im not sure what to say about that truck :roll: lol that is deffinitly what wm would have though:beer:

KsM715

Thanks KsM715! That's what I was thinking of.
Did that leave you with a reasonably level bed?

I dont know yet. I've done all the work so far in my uneven gravel driveway. I'm taking it up to my father-in-laws this weekend (indoor shop with a level concrete floor) I'll take pics. 100dollarman does his bobbed trucks this way with the M105 frame under the stock frame and Im pretty sure he doesnt use any lift blocks.

Edit: heres a link to 100dollarmans thread. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-modification-hot-rodding/44800-another-way-bob-deuce.html

Last edited:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I shortened mine at the rear end of the bed by cutting out 36" on the bed (and Frame) and welding back together. I used a cutting wheel and sawsall with a Lazer heavy duty blade. It went much smoother that I expected. Make sure you are careful cutting around the frame and support sections. I still need to dress up the weld line but have posted some pictures for you. Good luck.

Attachments

bones1

That looks real good. I think that's the first I have seen it done that way. Why did you cut the very rear section off and then re weld it?.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks