• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed Wrecker concept

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think a pipeline truck would be a good start, it already has the winch and rack in the back. But then again modifying an already rare truck might get you in trouble with the purists.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The versatility of a 480 or 500 over a 440 is exponential. I would only usea 440 if it were free. Not detracting from the 440 bu there are so many wonderful uses for a split boom offroad.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I still like your concept drawing in the first post, looks like it should as a military truck should, I would stay away from the home-made look like the 5t, still think a holmes 500 or so twin boom would would look like factory

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I would mod the bed like the diamond T 4t

I like designing this kind of stuff, just don't have the $$$$ to do the builds

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I had the same idea (great minds think alike).

I been kicking myself since I got rid of my bobber and my wrecker.

That would solve both my cravings.

There is a small Holms twin boom close to me for 750 bucks....but I ain't telling where.

sickmoparfreak

I'm in the mobile home buis, and our trucks have to be short. One of my contractors used a 9000 ford with 5 ton running gear, and a 750 holmes boom on a short bed. Its performance was amazing. I agree that longer is more powerful over-all, but you sure could get in more places with yours! I'm really liking the concept. :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks