• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bobber axle question.

mattyboy

Ok so i got my truck to move under its own power today for the first time in 3 months. i have not mounted bed so its just wheels axle and frame on the back. My question to the duece gods is......... when i let off clutch in gear either forward or reverese the rockwell pivots . I assume this is just the axle reacting to the monster torque when it first loads up after intial lurch it straitens out. Is this just the springs loading up or is something wrong. i used trailer springs if that helps. thanks. BTW felt good to drive franken truck again.

Jeepsinker

Better ditch the blocks and fan some spring mounts that extend farther down from the frame. Remember, nearly nothing is bolt on if you want it exactly to your liking. Plate steel and a good millermatic welding machine are a must.

shannondeese

Not to say blocks are good because I'd rather not have the 4 inch blocks under mine, but I've towed combined deuce + trailer loaded to 36,000 lbs from San Diego Ca to Gainesville fl. Prior to that I beet on mine pretty hard in the so cal off road areas. You just have to know it will have axle wrap and be prepared for it. Now with that said I am about to change my rear suspension out to get rid of the blocks. If you drive it like you stole it you'll find the limits of the rear u joint pretty quickly though.