• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobber in the Snow

I cruised the Boog around in the snow today. There was only 12 to 18 inches of snow so I could go just about anywhere I wanted. I have a set of four tire chains for when it gets deeper, can't wait to try 'em. I also have a Video of the Boog crawling around in the snow I'll post up in a bit.

Greg

Attachments

Where's the 53" tall tires you had on it?

Tom
I run my grooved 900x20's in the Winter. The 53's really don't work very well in the snow and ice. It's like driving on four big balloons and I usually end up sliding to the bottom of what ever and have to winch myself out. I think the 53's have too much surface area and don't really flex enough on a 11,000# truck. They are good for flying down the hi way and looking cool tho !

PROSTOCKTOM

I run my grooved 900x20's in the Winter. The 53's really don't work very well in the snow and ice. It's like driving on four big balloons and I usually end up sliding to the bottom of what ever and have to winch myself out. I think the 53's have too much surface area and don't really flex enough on a 11,000# truck. They are good for flying down the hi way and looking cool tho !
Yeah I could see that.

Pounds per square inch are your friend in winter weather.

I'll bet it will go anywhere on those narrow tires.

Tom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks