• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbers-your opinion on tires, please

Bcurtman

I have narrowed it down to Michelin 395's or Goodyear 14.00-20's. I'd like to hear from those who have each and why / how you like them. Specific questions I have are:

Does the diameter difference matter much- as in will I lose the taking off in 2nd gear ability we have with 9.00's, (and if so then the 14.00 would make that even worse)?

Is there a big weight difference?

I will be putting them on stock wheels like many others, so is one easier to mount than the other?

I reckon the traction quality of each to be way superior to the 9.00 NDT, but is one better than the other?

Thanks in advance for your input.

KsM715

With bigger tires, your trans may not last long if you start off in second gear. Starting off in second with stock 9.00's has been known to bust a few transmissions also. (but thats for another thread.)

DeucesWild11

I have the 395's on stock rims. They work great and sometimes downhill with a little momentum you can start off in 2nd. But reading allot of posts lately I am starting out in 1st most of the time on flat or inclines. With 395's on stock rims you will get some rubbing on a hard right turn. With a bobbed deuce with a M105 trailer bed for the bed you will also get some clearance issues with the inside of the bed wheel wells. I plan on making mine 1-2" wider on the inside. They also seem to wander a bit more when driving then the NDT's..:beer: Best of luck in your choice!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The 1400s are easier to mount by far. If I were building a bobber for myself, I would go with the 1400s for road speed and costs. 395s are going up since thats the biggest tire for a 6x6.

Oh, 395s are 46"
and 1400 are 48"
Not that much to worry about, unless your 6x6.

RealCavDog

Have to agree with Gimpy, been pricing 395's for my A3 ! OUCH ! What happened the last 6 months ? ! 1400's would be my pick for a bobber, if not taller ! (tired of 50 mph in my A3 !)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks