• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bobbing 5ton

fordcrazy

ok i got a 5ton the other day its a turd but it was cheap got it for $1500 and sold the 10 tires for $1000 had to rebuilt the starter and run new starter wire and got 4 new batterys from work and it starts right up and drives good 3208 cat 5speed and all 5ton running grear with air brakes!!. now im going to cut it down like 6ft and use the front spring off my other 5ton dump truck and mount one axle in the back.. and put a set of 53's on it ,, but i was driving around and couldnt get the front to dig going forward but it would going backwards i have been looking all over the net for to weeks looking for a clue on here or mudboggers. i had a great write up saved form 5years ago but it will not come up but it was on the 2.5ton with sprag and mine is air and 5ton. Im not going to start cutting it down till i get the front to pull.. i have another 5ton and 2.5ton case in the barn but i want the one in it to work..

fordcrazy

ok the tranny has all the air line cut off it. i dont know how they have air ran but there is a valve on the dash pull to ingage and push to dis-ingage.. is there any way to pull the sprag out weld it so this thing will spin the front and back all the time im going to take the diffs out and weld them i want all 4 tires to spin forward and backward..

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
5 tons didn't come with Cats.....you either have an A3 deuce or someone transplanted that engine into a 5 ton. If it has 6 lug nuts it is a deuce. 5 tons have 10. If that engine was transplanted into a 5 ton it is not going to get out of it's own way. Are you sure it is straight air brakes? Straight air brakes would denote a 5 ton.

fordcrazy

i know the cat is a turd thats y i said that.. when i blow it im putting big block in it or scrapping it i have 2, 5ton's one dump truck and this one long frame 10lugs then a long frame2.5ton. and the 5tons are all air brake!!! this is just somthing to play with i have a running 5ton for $600 who else has one that cheap...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks