• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbing 923A2

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those of you who have dared to go against the grain and Bob a perfectly good 923A2 or other 900 series truck. Do you have pictures, videos, etc? It's always easier when someone else can say, don't do this, or try this next time. I need a vehicle with the agility of a Heavy duty pickup with much higher capacity of course. And don't be hollering telling me I'm lowering the capacity by getting rid of one axle. I know this. But it will still be able to do more than most HD trucks. I am mainly interested in rear suspensions. I can go the traditional route with springs and hangers from the front of a parts truck. Or any suggestions or threads, ideas , on something else. Air bags come to mind to prevent sagging. Maybe a combination of the front springs and air bags. Who has done it? Can't find much, there were some you tube videos but only the first two work and they are not that detailed. The last two are missing off you tube. Thanks in advance! If I don't get any bites I'll detail my own adventure.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should be able to get a much better ride with springs and a helper air bag. Put them outside the frame to keep the width as wide as possible and use the same shocks as the front. Shackle angle matters too as well as the angle of the axle in relation to the TC. Use 16.00 tires. Heck yes..5 ton will make a good bobber.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saw one with an 105 A3 bed that looked awesome. I also have an LMTV trailer that might be a good fit. I like the tie downs in the bed vs on the sides. Can't remember where I saw the pics though.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M715mike....yes......just like that. Great looking truck. There is only one thing I would do different which is to have a slightly shorter distance from the rear axle to the pintle hitch (and I would put a gooseneck ball under the bed plate). I like the cargo bed cut down too and you don't sacrifice a trailer....also fold down sides! I could also see doing the bob to an 809 cargo. My M35A3 seems small next to one.

Slate, I sat an LMTV new bed on the back of the deuce and 50 years difference in engineering really became obvious...mixing oil and water. There may only be 30 years for the 923, but I bet the combo will look odd.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks