• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbing 931 questions

jdfritzsch

New at this, sorry if this isn't posted in the right place. Started the bobbing project on my 931. Putting a 105 bed on it. Just wondering what you guys are doing for drive shafts? Thanks

dburt

Find a top rate drive shaft shop- usually a machine shop that does drive line service. They can cut your drivelines down, or lengthen them and most importantly they can balance them correctly.

jdfritzsch

Bobbing the 931, want to put super singles on; Does anyone know where to get lug nuts for super singles?2013 047.jpg

Last edited:

aheilmann68

Driveline specialties in clifton is where I'll be bringing mine to be 51" flange to flange. Axle exchange in Fairfield is another. Just finished up a m931 bobbed with air ride.

jdknech

Bobbing the 931, want to put super singles on; Does anyone know where to get lug nuts for super singles?View attachment 441717
any "heavy" truck parts house will have them.. just take one of your front lug nuts in to match them up.. and remember that one side is right hand thread studs, and the other is left hand threads... the nuts that are on the front axle, is correct for the super single rims...

jdfritzsch

Rear axel not alined, on one side by a couple of inches, has anyone else run into this problem? The hanger brackets were hung first. Seems like axel pin is in different spot on other side.

Tornadogt

Copied from another thread... hope it helps

Deuce/5 ton replacement wheel studs/nuts from NAPA ( aprox. ½ longer than stock)​
Current NAPA part numbers for the studs are WA1210 (Right) and WA1211 (Left). Nuts are WA2006 (right) and WA2007 (Left)​

jdfritzsch

Using a spring kit in the rear, is anyone putting the shocks back in? Doesn't seem like there is enough room between the brake can & the shocks. Is anyone making it so the ABS works with a bobber kit?Bobber side rear pic.jpg

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I did a bunch of m939 bobbers.I leave the trailer frame under the m105 bed.I dont mount rear shocks on my trucks.