• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobed Deuce

dieck

The cab is an extra long extended cab to provide room for my junk, and so I can drive it.
The boom turns with a hand crank but could be converted to hydraulic.
If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
I'm diggin it. Raw functionality. Mad max esque!

The cylinder under the bed is for the rear steering. The picture shows 2 cylinders, but that was over kill so I removed the back one. I didn't want any lines hanging down to get pulled loose. These are the only pics I could find of the cab during construction. After this stage, we cut the back of the old cab off and built the bracing to the door frames and windshield. The prison bars are kind of my look, the headache rack on my dodge pickup is the same.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mark2X2

Menofiron,
What's the deal on the passenger side step? What raises & lowers it?
How much dose that big boy muffler quit up your deuce?
Nice mods, cool ideas, nice truck.

Both steps are raised by a 12volt hydraulic pump. It's a pump for a pickup snow plow, the steps are power up gravity down. The muffler doesn't realy help much in the cab, but I think most of the noise in the cab is from the gear train. It isn't to noisy untill you get up to highway speed. I mainly used it because I got it cheap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks