• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bobtail drive shaft

DUECE-COUPE

bob tailing a deuce and will be installing a m105 trailer bed in it. has any one done this with the original drive shaft and how did it work out for you. I reserched the XM381 and wheel base is 135" this is 5 longer than the wheel base for a deuce from the center of the front tires and the center of the front duals. i have tried to get more out of the drive shaft, but it still will be 2' shorter than needed. please advise.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
That is why I eneded up with a flat bed on my bobber....a former member here (now banned for bad deeds) bobbed mine and did not adjust for the 105 bed.
If you use the stock drive shaft the wheelbase will be just enough off center to look dumb with the 105 bed.
I ended up liking my flatbed better anyway but it is your project.
If you search the forums you should be able to find some pics of my bobber.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks