• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bodded deuce dual wheels or single

kkbodyshop

i just bobbed my deuce and i drive it on the road and a lot off road at mud boggs. so my question is would it go in the mud better with a dual rear wheel or single rear wheels.?

wehring

ditto singles

The rear of the bobbers is so light that duals will not dig and grab like singles. They provide too much surface area so you will be more likely to spin instead of go.

just my .02

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

MacGowan

In my inexperienced youth I thought the fatter and taller the tire the better it would perform off-road, no matter the circumstance. Since then I've been stuck plenty of times - in 4x2's and 4x4's, and I've learned a lot through trial and error... and too much money to even think about.

Much depends on what kind of mud you're talking about. If you're talking about clay then, in my experience, thinner tires with a very aggressive MT tread pattern work best, but in deep stinky thick mud larger/fatter tires work best (if the mud is too deep to reach a more solid surface)... all with aggressive tread. On the other hand you can make almost any AT work well off-road if you air-down and know how to drive.

In my humble opinion a 46" medium width tire is the way to go. - 395/85R20... IF you've got the money to get 'em! :driver: