• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Body caulk

ramdough

I did a search and only found this link:

I thought I would start a new thread only on body caulking products.

I plan to weld some sheet steel panels together and need to caulk between the welds.

What products do you all recommend for my application?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fluflufpv

My dad has been using the 3m heavy bodied (and self leveling depending on the specific use case) for the better part of 40 years and swears by it. I've also been using it for a few years and have yet see it fail (or my dad for that matter). The part number is 08308. It won't let go and stays flexible for a long time, longer then any single part stuff my dad has tried (all the single part stuff I've used has been ok, but it's only been applied for about a year so not nessacarily a good comparison). It is expensive but I trust it not to fail on my for the rest of my life!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks