• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

body harness or engine

ohiohmmwv

Is there any benefit to putting in the ecv body harness in first or should I put the turbo engine in first? Or will the truck be 100% out of commission until both are in? I wasn't sure how compatible older harnesses are.

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I remember correctly there are some sensor and maybe, but I'm not sure, TISS & TOSS wiring issues with mixing the two harnesses. I think the speed sensor wiring is in the body harness of an ECV and in the engine harness of a non-turbo. Nothing that can't be overcome. But man, I would hate to hack into a new harness for the crossovers. There are articles here and on the G about it.

ohiohmmwv

I'll plan to do both at same time. I'm just thinking it might be nice to drive the truck out of the garage onto the driveway if necessary. Nothing more than that. Not like driving around town or something.

erasedhammer

Is there any benefit to putting in the ecv body harness in first or should I put the turbo engine in first? Or will the truck be 100% out of commission until both are in? I wasn't sure how compatible older harnesses are.
A2 harness won't work with the 3l80. It has its own connections that are no longer present in the A2 body harness. You can go through the TMs and see the diagram and notice that many connections are no longer present in the new harness.